Re: make test fails on solaris 2.8 x86

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with OpenLDAP 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 on Solaris 2.8 x86.
> I use the following to configure the build;
>
> LIBS="-lpthread -lposix4" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include \
> 	openssl" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib/sasl" \
> 	./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-ipv6 --with-cyrus-sasl \
> 	--with-tls --enable-shared --disable-debug
>
> when I configure it with "--with-cyrus-sasl" I will get lot of libraries
> of cyrus-sasl with the option "with-cyrus-sasl=no", "make test" will still
> fail.
> This is a part of the ouput I received when doing "make test" with OpenLDAP
> compiled without cyrus-sasl support;
>
> filtering original ldif used to create database
> comparing filter output
> comparison failed - database was not created correctly
>
> cheers,
>
> Jankok

Take a look in tests/test-db/ldapsearch.out.  If there's a message in
front of there about 'PRNG not seeded...' then you need to create a
~/.rnd file, set up an Entropy Gathering Daemon, or if your system
has /dev/urandom or /dev/random and it's not being used for some
reason sort that out.

The www.openssl.org page is useful for this; the command to generate it
is:
	openssl rand -out ~/.rnd -rand /etc/motd:/proc/1 256

The most important arg is the -rand one, which should be a number of
colon-separated paths to files that have unpredicatable values.
This is the least desireable solution, vs. having a real daemon or
device to give you random information, but it will allow you to test
if this is indeed the problem.

Randy