Re: samba passwd sync

At 10:29 AM 9/6/00 -0100, Justin Wood wrote:
>Does anyone out there have a script or util they use to sync their user
>data from LDAP (openldap) to samba's smbpasswd file?  From what I
>understand, samba won't have LDAP auth integrated until 2.2, so until
>then I'd rather not have to maintain 2 info sources.

I suggest hacking either OpenLDAP or Samba to do away with
redundantly maintained information.  OpenLDAP can fairly
easily be extended to support additional external password
systems (see passwd.c in liblutil).  And, IIRFC, there is
experimental work underway for Samba to use LDAP as a
directory of user information.

Kurt