RE: Building on NT/2000 w/ Cygwin

I would suggest reading the "Porting to MingW32" documents on the
FAQ-O-Matic
and using MingW32 instead of Cygwin. The last time I checked, Cygwin's
threads
library was still broken. Certainly it wasn't usable for slapd.
See this entry: http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/300.html

I suppose some bits of it need to be updated now that OpenLDAP 2.0 has been
released.