can't compile openldap-2.0-gamma with --with-tls option

Hi!

Hope this is the right list for this: I can't compile openldap-2.0-gamma
with --with-tls option

I have openssl-0.9.5a and builded it for openssh. The make test was oke,
and so are the ssh and sshd, so I assume openssl is oke.

Then:
./configure --with-tls --enable-crypt --enable-dns --enable-wrappers

which fails because it can't find openssl/ssl.h or ssl.h
I then make this link in /usr/include:
openssl -> /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl//

Now it finds openssl/ssl.h, but the configure ends with:

configure: error: Could not locate TLS/SSL package en yes

The last lines of the configure are:

checking for compatible POSIX regex... yes
checking for res_query... no
checking for res_query in -lbind... no
checking for __res_query in -lbind... no
checking for res_query in -lresolv... yes
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking for ssl.h... no
checking for SSLeay_add_ssl_algorithms in -lssl... no
checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... no
checking for ssl3_accept in -lssl... no

Is there anybody who had more success with openldap 2.0 gamma with
ssl/tls support?

If not, how can I debug this? And should I mail it to the developers
instead?

TIA!

		Ookhoi

PS,
./configure --enable-crypt --enable-dns --enable-wrappers
works fine (without --with-tls)