Constructing a distributed service

Hello all,

I am trying to deploy a distributed directory service based on openldap
1.2.11.

I have two servers one for the suffix o=auth,c=gr named hercules and the
other for the suffix ou=med,o=auth,c=gr named dias.

I want to delegate the subtree ou=med,o=auth,c=gr from hercules to dias
and have dias know as superior hercules. I have managed to make dias
know his superior but i have probles with the delegation to dias.

Here is the configuration of hercules:
database        ldbm
suffix          "o=auth,c=GR"
rootdn          "cn=root, o=auth,c=GR"
rootpw          xxxx
directory       /var/ldap/var/db-as-auth

And the configuration of dias:
referral       ldap://hercules/
database        ldbm
suffix          "ou=med,o=auth,c=GR"
rootdn          "cn=root, ou=med,o=auth,c=GR"
rootpw          xxxx
directory       /var/ldap/var/db-med

The ldif file used to generate hercules tree is:
dn: o=auth,c=GR
objectclass: top
objectclass: organization
o: auth
telephonenumber: +30 31 996000
postaladdress: University Campus
aci:(target ="ldap:///o=auth,c=GR";)(targetattr !="userPasswd")(version
3.0;acl "
authdb";allow (read, search, compare)(userdn = "ldap:///anyone";);)
creatorsname: cn=Directory Manager,o=auth,c=GR

objectclass: topdn: ou=med, o=auth, c=gr
objectClass: referral
objectClass: extensibleObject
ou: med
ref: ldap://ldap.med.auth.gr/ou=med,o=auth,c=gr/

dn: cn=sakalis,o=auth,c=GR
objectclass: person
cn: sakalis

Dias database is populated with many ou's and cn's.
Is n't this configuration right ?
When i try ldapsearch i get only the dn: ou=med,o=auth,c=gr entry. This
is what i'm trying :
ldpasearch h hercules b "ou=med,o=auth,c=gr" s sub (ou=*)

When i try ldapsearch on hercules with basedn ou=people,
ou=med,o=auth,c=gr i get an no such object error. Of cource this same
search works just fine on dias.

Could someone help ?
begin:vcard
n:Saragiotis;Panagiotis
tel;cell:+30 977 423200
tel;fax:+30 31 998492
tel;work:+30 31 998591
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Aristoteles University of Thessaloniki;Network Operation Center
version:2.1
email;internet:pssara@auth.gr
title:Electrical and Computer Eng.
adr;quoted-printable:;;NOC, Biology Building,=0D=0AAristoteles Campus;Thessaloniki;;54006;Greece
x-mozilla-cpt:ldap.auth.gr;-5928
fn:Panagiotis S. Saragiotis
end:vcard