Re: opendldap 2.0-gamma problem

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
To: "Jerry Han" <hz@sunjapan.com.cn>
Cc: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 12:23 AM
Subject: Re: opendldap 2.0-gamma problem

> At 12:45 PM 8/24/00 +0800, Jerry Han wrote:
> >When I'm tring to build openldap 2.0-gamma on RedHat 6.2 and Solaris 2.6,
> >the following problem have been founded.
> >1. On redhat 6.2, the 'make test' become very very slow, but solaris are
ok.
> >I have try to configure with and without thread support, but still very
> >slow.
>
> Likely do so some local system configuration defect...
I use these options on configure the build.
./configure --enable-crypt --disable-ldap --disable-sql --without-threads --
without-tls --without-cyrus-sasl
My linux box have no problem with openldap 1.2.x, but the 2.0 gamma.

> >2. On solaris, every thing are fine, but the configuration option
> >'schemacheck off' does not work at all.
>
> "schemacheck off" only disables checks to ensure an entry has
> the required/allowed attributes.  That is, you should not
> be getting any objectClassViolation errors.  However, you may
> get any number of other errors.
So, I cannot add any attributes that have not defined in schema define file
even if the schemacheck set to off.
But using OpenLDAP 1.2.x, I can do this.

Thanks for your answer.

Later,
Yours, Jerry Han