Re: Solved: openldap+nscd crash linux box

Quoting Manuel Guesdon <ml@sbuilders.com>:

> I've got a huge problem 70 days ago: a linux server which
> was running openldap 1.2.9 with nss_ldap-108 and pam_ldap-51
> was suddenly totally unusable (no more file descriptors).
> Now I've found the reason, long time after :-)

I had the same thing a couple of months ago. I'm to is running
Debian GNU/Linux.

My recomendation is to upgrade (openldapd etc, but maybe even the
dist?).

Do this:

        apt-get update && apt-get install openldapd

or if you like to do a upgrade of the whole system...

        apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

Make sure you have 'potato' in the /etc/apt/sources.list file though...

> So I've made a small script wich restart automatically slapd
> if it die.

Juck! :)