Re: Eudora/Netscape Mail

Hi,
> I tried this in Netscape 4.6 (linux), Netscape 4.7
> (NT)
> What do you mean by "allowing uid search filter" and
> how can I do that ?

In LDAP you need the distinguished name (dn) and password to do the bind
operation. Since most users don't know their dn, netscape therefore
prompts for the mail address and searches the directory for it. If it
finds exactly one entry it binds with the supplied password and the dn
of the entry returned in the search.
If you don't want to allow anonymous searches you need to specify the dn
in the user's preferences file. see:
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/ldap45.htm#authentication

--
Norbert Klasen
DFN Directory Services                           tel: +49 7071 29 70335