Re: Eudora/Netscape Mail

Hi Orhan,

I have restricted anonymous connection since the
following is my requirement.

The LDAP server is supposed to store the entries of
different organizations say "o=airius1.com",
"o=airius2.com" etc. Under each organization there are
many employees. An employee in an organization can
search for employees in  the same organization, not in
other organizations. Only the one who knows the rootdn
and rootpw can modify /add entries under any
organization. (One administrator  can modify all the
organization info)

To do this, I have added the following access
statements in slapd.conf

defaultaccess none
acces  to attr=userpassword
       by self read
       by * none
access to dn=".*",o=airius1.com
       by dn=".*",ou=People,o=airius1.com read
       by * none
access to dn=".*",o=airius2.com
       by dn=".*",ou=People,o=airius2.com read
       by * none

I am doing a Basic Search in Netscape Address Book,
for
"Name=Sam". When "Search" is clicked, it pops up a
dialog box asking for UserName/Password, where I typed
in dmiller@airius1.com/gosling (mail/userpassword
attributes in the ldif file).

I tried this in Netscape 4.6 (linux), Netscape 4.7
(NT)
What do you mean by "allowing uid search filter" and
how can I do that ?

ThanX
Santhosh

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/199907/msg00049.html