NFS and slapd

I have the db files of LDAP created in /home4 on a RedHat linux machine.
The partition is NFS mounted by another machine with write access
(RedHat linux machine). The problem I find is: any updation on
LDAP database by one machine is not seen by the other machine. Any user
addition or deletion on LDAP database is only seen by the machine which
does the change. But when a directory is NFS mounted shouldn't the
changes be transparently seen by the machine sharing and machine which
exports the directory? It may be a NFS related issue, but if anyone has
already done this please reply.

Thanks.

- Ashok