Logins based on LDAP?

I'm trying to get PAM to authenticate from LDAP for a user account.  I now have
it to the point where I can log in normally with usernames/passwords from
/etc/shadow and think I have it configured to do the LDAP lookup.  From the
logs I can see that it is passing through PAM and checking LDAP.  If I
get the user's password correct, it disconnects.  If I get the password
incorrect, it prompts again (so it is checking the password successfully).

Am I missing some information in the record that would make the seesion
terminate as it is started?  /home/joetest exists, but does not have
any files in it.

ldapsearch -b "ou=people, dc=be, dc=com" "(uid=JOETEST)"
cn=Joe Test,ou=people,dc=be ,dc=com
cn=Joe Test
objectclass=top
objectclass=person
objectclass=account
objectclass=organizationalPerson
objectclass=inetOrgPerson
objectclass=posixAccount
mail=joetest@schmoe.org
roomnumber=2
homephone=2
givenname=Luke
sn=Joe
uid=joetest
userpassword={crypt}>bleh<
loginshell=/bin/bash
uidnumber=1222
gidnumber=1222
homedirectory=/home/joetest

--
Adam Haberlach             | "A farm tractor is not a motorcycle."
adam@newsnipple.com        |   --California DMV 1999