Re: Write referral

My applogies... this is the software list.... guess those were
better drugs than I thought...

At 09:22 AM 8/15/00 +0100, Ching-Liang Tseng wrote:
Hi,

I am using OpenLDAP 1.2.11 on linux. Would anyone please advice how to refer update (write) from slave to master slapd server?  Thnaks.

The slave server, if setup correctly, will return the default
referral to the client upon attempts to write to the database.

If you have a client which reuses authentication credentials,
then things just work.  But note that many clients (including
ldapadd/modify) don't support reuse of authentication credentials
for security reasons.

Kurt