Re: In addition:

Quoting Cliff Friedel <cliff@wrkcs.net>:

> Forgot some info that may help.  In my syslog, I get the following
> confirmation of authentication:
>
> PAM_unix[468]: (login) session opened for user shaft by LOGIN(uid=0)
>
> This is why I think it may have to do with the session entry.  Thanks
> again.

Try these files to, just incase...

This is the /etc/pam_ldap.conf file...

----- s n i p -----
# Your LDAP server.
host localhost

# The distinguished name of the search base.
base dc=com

# Use the V3 protocol to optimize searches
ldap_version 2

# Filter to AND with uid=%s
pam_filter objectclass=posixAccount

# Hash password locally
pam_crypt local
----- s n i p -----

This is the /etc/libnss-ldap.conf (it shouldn't matter, from
what I've understood, it is used for non-pam aware programs?).

# Your LDAP server. Must be resolvable without using LDAP.
host localhost

# The distinguished name of the search base.
base dc=com

# The search scope.
scope sub