Re: Killing slapd on FreeBSD 4.1

> kill -INT pid do not work on FreeBSD 4.1
>
> kill -QUIT pid do work, is it safe to use it?
> kill -INT pid; ldapsearch objectlass="*", do work bu it is ugly:)
>
> Regards
>
> /Urban
>
> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:
> >
> > Use
> >  kill -INT pid
> >
> > on all platforms.

Kurt can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's pretty standard (and supported)
to accept a SIGTERM to shut down slapd, and that is the default signal sent
by kill.

Kill -QUIT is probably safe if you don't use "dbcachenowsync".  If a regular
kill (or kill -INT) does not shut down your slapd, what does happen?  Do
you get anything in your syslog, for example, such as "waiting for 2 threads"?
Are you talking about OpenLDAP 2.0-beta or OpenLDAP 1.2.x?

Randy