Migrating X.500 directory information to OpenLDAP

Dear all,

  Maybe by now someone has done something similar. We would like to
try OpenLDAP with user certificates internally for testing purposes.
  We are already using a commercial X.500 directory with an LDAP
interface and we have extended our schema. I tried once to import the
data to OpenLDAP and everything seemed to function OK but the user
certificates could not be imported in Netscape and IE browsers. I've
user the userCertificate;binary attribute with no success...

  So, has anyone made similar tests or encountered the same problems?
Is there a migration FAQ elsewhere or had someone did this using some
script or procedure?

Thank you for your attention, and for your answers of course!
Bruno Salgueiro       (mailto:bs@sibs.pt)

Grupo de Trabalho de Certificação Digital
SIBS - Sociedade Interbancária de Serviços
Rua Soeiro Pereira Gomes, Lote 1, 1600 Lisboa, Portugal

Tel: + 351 21 791 88 33
Fax: + 351 21 794 24 40
http://www.sibs.pt

This message was digitally signed with a MULTICERT cer-
tificate to give an identity assurance. In order to
download the root MULTICERT certificate please go to :
             http://www.multicert.com

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
                                        --Pablo Picasso