Re: Transition to 1.2.11 - different .dbb sizes

> Just wondering if anyone has experienced in their transition to 1.2.11 from
> earlier versions (in my case 1.2.7) where the .dbb files generated from a ldif
> file with the same configuration files is different in size (assuming that this
> means different number of entries).
>
> In particular, the dn.dbb is substantially smaller in size.
>
> Also, the scripts used for the earlier version does not seem to be able located
> some of the entries from this new format.
>
> Thanks,
> Philip.

A substring index for dn used to be created by default -- it no longer is.
You can add it back in if you want.  The consequence of not having it is
that subtree searches with bases other than your suffix will take longer.
However, in some cases this can be worked around by using onelevel searches,
which aren't affected by this change.

I also recall some tools (slurpd and slapd) being moved from sbin to libexec.

Randy