Re: OpenLDAP and IPV6

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 07:55:32AM -0700, Lingjia Yang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please ignore my previous mail.  I sent it out by
> mistake.  Sorry!  :)
>
> As we are doing a project on RedHat 6.2 which will
> eventually be ported to IPV6.  As we are using
> OpenLDAP as our directory server, we will like to know
> is there any impact on it after porting?  If there
> are, what should we do about it?

I'm not sure what you're asking. I'll try to answer anyway.

When you compile the new OpenLDAP on 6.2 you will get a binary that
will use IPv6 if it exists. What happen is that the server will try
to bind to an IPv6 socket, and if that fails it will use IPv4. The
only drawback is that you get an bind attempt that fails, but the
bind is only done when the daemon starts, so it shouldn't be a
problem.

If this didn't answer your question, or you want to know more, don't
hesitate asking.

Stig