Re: suddenly I can't find things....

> From:  Patrick Timmons <ptimmons@courriel.polymtl.ca>
> Date:  Tue, 08 Aug 2000 12:24:19 -0400
>
> Did you recompile your slapd recently by any chance and if so did you do
> it with --with-threads ?
>
> From your start and stop messages, I can see that you're running on a
> Redhat linux or at least a Linux. You can't use Linux's threads. They
> are preemptive and slapd's code is made for cooperative multitasking.
> See in the FAQ-O-MATIC for details. The symptom will be that slapd will
> loose your bind information on some occasion (in my case, the client
> wasn't waiting for an answer to the bind before doing a search.)

Good theory.  I wish that were it.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.