Re: Can an attribute be unique?

AFAIK, that is not possible. They way I do it is to keep track of
the last uidNumber in the application and then pass out a uidnumber+1.
You'd have to ensure that LDAP Add operations always use the same
procedures when entering or modifying uidnumbers.

They way I do it is to keep my data in an DBMS with a unique index
on all the values which need to be unique (ie. "uid", "uidNumber").
All apps that modify data, actually use the DBMS interface. Periodically
(later on with triggers) the data will be syncd with OpenLDAP. That
ensures uniqueness for me...

Regards,
	-JP