Location of ldbm files

Cliff Friedel writes:
 > Hi all.  Was wondering if anyone knew where openldap stores its ldbm files
 > for its directory.  Have tried to locate them, but did not have any
 > luck.  Need this information to replicate our LDAP database.  Thanks.

look in slapd.conf (in /usr/local/etc/openldap if using the default)
at the  directory  directive. It shows the directory containing the
data files. From the slapd.conf manpage:

     directory <directory>
          Specify the directory where the LDBM  files  containing
          the  database and associated indexes live.  The default
          is /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm.

Bill Anderson