Re: AW: PAM problems with login... Please Help (fwd)

On Thu, Jul 20, Cliff Friedel wrote:

> Ok, setup everything on a totally different LDAP database to reflect what
> is in the ldifs, changed my nsswitch.conf, changed my /etc/openldap/login
> to match what is here.  Still no luck.  Am seriously wondering if there is
> something wrong with SuSE 6.4 and login.   Thinking about trying to do
> this on RH just to see if it works, then copying that setup over and
> seeing if it works here... If anyone has a SuSE 6.4 setup going, I would
> love to see what you have for the following:

Can't imagine, where your problem is.

- Do you have the following in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf

pam_crypt local

- I recognized, that you also want to use uid/uidnumber mapping via
  libc, do you have package nss_ldap installed?

- Why is there a {crypt}x value at userpassword?
  Is it because you hide it to us or is it realy there?
  If so, then you may not be able to login.

- Why do you want to use PAM, if you use nss_ldap? It's not required.

- After changing nsswitch.conf, did you restart nscd (rcnscd restart)?

Sorry, but that's all I can do in the moment. I made a setup about a
year ago and it works (I found the bug in our pam_ldap package).

Maybe you can provide also your ldap.conf and your slapd.conf?

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger

SuSE, The Linux Experts, http://www.suse.com