PAM problems with login... Please Help

Hi all.  Having a problem when I try to use LDAP to authenticate logins to
our SuSE 6.4 box.  Instead of a successful login going to the shell, it
just sends me back to login, no errors, no problems recorded.  If I check
my slapd logs, it shows the authentication request come in and a
successful return of info.  Now, I have my LDAP user entries setup as
posixAccounts and have all info required by theis object in the LDAP
entry.  I also made sure to change my nnswitch.conf to look at the LDAP
entries for passwd and group info.  I have tried about 20 different PAM
setups to get this to work, but to no avail.  It authenticates then kicks
me back to a login prompt.  If I try to authenticate with a user on the
box (in other words with a passwd entry), I have no problems...

Can somebody please send me an example of what they have in their
/etc/pam.d/login file or give me some advice on this one... This is really
frustrating.  ANOTHER SIDE NOTE:  I also have proftpd running which uses
posixAccount style entries.  Users can login just fine there, getting
UID/GID info fro mthe LDAP database without a problem...

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.  TIA.

Cliff