Re: PAM_LDAP howto needed

Hi,
I've written a couple of basic articles aboput LDAP and setting up LDAP under Linux.
They are at :
http://www.pcquest.com/june00/linux_ldap.asp
http://www.pcquest.com/june00/linux_ldap_a..asp

Kurt : If you are interested, I'd be willing to restructure them, convert into a HOWTO, add stuff about replication etc, and you could perhaps add it to the FAQ-O-Matic/website or whatever.

nikhil datta

Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 Peter Ruser  wrote:
> I'm a newcomer and try to find an understandable setup-guide to do the
> user-authentification for Unix (Solaris7 and Linux) by means of an
> LDAP-directory.
>
> If anybody could give me a hint where to find a straightforward
> description for setting this up, I would be superhappy.
>
> I already tried at www.padl.com but had no success so far:
>
> Here is what login returns:
>
> pruse@detong:~>login
> login: pruse

I thought my people would grow tired of killing.  But you were right,
they see it is easier than trading.  And it has its pleasures.  I feel
it myself.  Like the hunt, but with richer rewards.
		-- Apella, "A Private Little War", stardate 4211.8