I like to make LDAPServer box?

Dear sirs

I made a LDAP server-box. PC without HDD boot from a floppy diskette with
freebsd  and LDAP and is working well, now.
It is LDAP-3.3.
I tried to make 1fd-openldap with  openldap-1.2.11 but failed in it. Because it
uses -pthread in making it.
Is it impossible to make 1fd-openldap, differently from ldap-3.3?
Or, what kind of modification do I need for kernel conf-file?

Sincerely
Y.NISHIMURA

---------------------- 転送者: Yoshihiro NISHIMURA/NIMC/AIST/JP 転送日:
2000/07/19 00:22 ---------------------------

西村 良弘 (計算力学シミュレーション)-------
2000/07/16 23:17

送信者:   Yoshihiro NISHIMURA

宛先: Rob Tanner <rtanner@linfield.edu>
cc:
件名: Re: Re: Does anybody know the meaning of compiler option -pthread for
      slapd?

Dear Tanner-san and sirs

00/07/16 22:26, Rob Tanner <rtanner@linfield.edu> wrote:

> pthreads are POSIX threads.  Threads are lightweight processes.  When a
> thread, or LWP, is created, it shares data memory allocations with it's
> parents, siblings, and any children it may further create through a very
> complex mechanism of fine grained locks.  The bottom line is that process
> creation is about 20 to 30 times more expensive than thread creation.
> Also, is the kernel is fully threaded there is a further performance boos
> in that the kernel now has multiple access points and not a single door.
> That's exceedingly important in multi-user OS's like UNIX wheremany
> different processes/threads belonging to many different applications/user
> are going to be asking for kernel services at the same time.

Thank you for the good advise.  The below is the conf-file of Freebsd for
Openldap for my PC.
To support thread, is any important options required?

For examples, "options         SYSVSHM"  ?

machine         "i386"
cpu             "I386_CPU"
cpu             "I486_CPU"
cpu             "I586_CPU"
cpu             "I686_CPU"
ident           OPENLDAP
maxusers        10

options         INET                    #InterNETworking
options         FFS                     #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         MFS                     #Memory File System
options         PROCFS                  #Process filesystem
options         "COMPAT_43"             #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options         BOUNCE_BUFFERS          #include support for DMA bounce buffers

config          kernel  root on fd0

controller      isa0
controller      pci0

disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0

controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive0
disk            wd1     at wdc0 drive1

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device          sc0     at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector scintr

# Mandatory, don't remove
device          npx0    at isa? port "IO_NPX" irq 13 vector npxintr

# Order is important here due to intrusive probes, do *not* alphabetize
# this list of network interfaces until the probes have been fixed.

# revision 1.20 of this file.

device fxp0

#device ed0 at isa? port 0x320 net irq 9 iomem 0xd8000 vector edintr

pseudo-device   loop
pseudo-device   ether
pseudo-device   log
pseudo-device   pty     16
pseudo-device   bpfilter16
pseudo-device   gzip            # Exec gzipped a.out's

Sincerely
Y.NISHIMURA