Re: tutorial?

You may want to look at the SLAPD and SLURPD administrator's guide to
understand the configuration files. It is available online at
http://www.umich.edu/~dirsvcs/ldap/doc/guides/slapd/.

If you need an understanding of the openLdap API,I think the openldap man
pages are quite descriptive from a programming point of view. Just click
on the libraries link on the openldap home page and it will take you to
the API man pages.

If you want to understand the contents and syntax of the ldif file, you
may probably want to read some of the rfcs. All the relevant rfcs are
included in the doc/rfc directory in the ldap distribution. Also take a
look at the schemas defined in the etc/openldap/schemas/core.schema file
to find out the core schemas implemented in openLDAP. The entries you
include in the ldif file are specific instances of the objects you define
in the schema files. These schema files are included by using the
include directive in your slapd.conf file.