Re: delete objectclass & attr

At 09:16 AM 7/15/00 +0800, Keith Yeung wrote:
>I add some objectclass & attr to some entries, when I try ldapmodify to
>delete the objectclass, violation occurred. Anyone know how to remove
>objectclass ?

When you modify an entry the resulting object must conform to
schema (as modified by the request).  If you add a value to the
objectClass attribute, you must also (within the same modify
operation) add attributes required by this new objectClass).
If you delete a value from the objectClass attribute, you
must also (within the same modify operation) remove all
attributes which are only allowed by the deleted objectclass.

>Or I will try to remove entire entry and add a new with without the
>wrong objectclass.

If you rename foo to bar, you should be able to (as a single
modify operation) to delete "foo" and add "bar".