Re: help with ldap_add

At 02:26 AM 7/14/00 -0500, Sudha K. wrote:
>  I am a new user of the openldap api. I wrote a little client program to
>add new LDAP entries belonging to different object classes as defined in
>rfc2307.txt, using ldap_add_s. The only objectclass I have so far
>succeeded in adding is "person" and "organization" as given in the
>quickstart example. If I try to add the following entries I get an
>"undefined attribute type" error for both entries. the ldap_add api does
>not specifically point out which of the attribute types is undefined.

You must look in the servers logs to determine which attribute
is undefined.  Note that OpenLDAP 1.x never returns undefined
attribute type (resultCode 0x11)... it implicitly treats all
names it doesn't recognize as 'cis'.

>I tried the ldapadd command line as well but it gave me the same error.
>If these attribute types have been implemented, would someone tell me what
>the source of this error may be?

You are likely using a server which requires attributes to be
defined.  Define them.

Kurt