inequality predicates

Hi,

  I tried using the inequality predicates (>=, <=) to search for some
integer attributes using ldap_search. However, I wasnt successful in this
and it appears that only the equality predicate is recognized. Can someone
please provide some help on how I should define attribute types that allow
inequality predicates while searching? Most of the numeric attribute types
(like gidNumber)that are defined in the standard schema files seem to have
only an EQUALITY predicate defined on them.

thanks
sudha