Re: squid_ldap_auth authentication script

Sergio Henrique Oliveira Pereira (EDB) wrote:
>         I'm using squid_ldap_auth script to authenticate my
> users. There is a problem here that, perhaps you can help me.
> So, I'm using squid2.3STABLE2 on Solaris 7 (SPARC) and I have
> 7,000 users on my company... the authentication script
> (squid_ldap_auth) is working fine until four/five hours but
> after this time the connection wiht LDAP Server is finished
> and anybody make authenticate again... do you know why ?

SQUID caches credentials for a short while, and will
request reauthentication after this cache time has
expired.  This is configurable via a SQUID configuration
option.

That is why SQUID is making your users authenticate again.

-- Terry Lambert
-- Whistle Communications, Inc., an I.B.M. Company
-- terry@whistle.com
This is formal notice under California Assembly Bill 1629, enacted
9/26/98 that any UCE sent to my email address will be billed $50
per incident to the legally allowed maximum of $25,000.