Re: slapd hang once a day (fwd)

Unable to apply the patch as the link given in ITS is no longer valid. Can
someone pls advise if the patch is needed for OpenLDAP-1.2.9-5 and OpenLDAP
1.2.11? If needed, where else can I find the patch or someone can email me
pls.

Below is a detailed configuration of our server setup and hope it'll help to
diagnose the problem better.

1. Version of OpenLDAP
OpenLDAP-1.2.9-5

2. Operating System
RedHat Linux 6.2 with kernel 2.2.15

3. Hardware specifications
Intel Pentium III 550 MHz 512MB RAM

4. User population
Approximately 4500

5. Applications/services running on server
LDAP, BIND8, SSH, APACHE, SSL, PHP, SENDMAIL, IMAP, POP,
SQUID, MySQL

6. Applications used by users to access above mentioned services
MS Outlook/Outlook Express, pine, Netscape mail/navigator, IE

7. Error found in /var/log/messages as:

Jul 12 12:40:05 server1 slapd[32521]: warning: cannot open
/etc/hosts.allow: Too many open files
Jul 12 12:40:05 server1 slapd[32521]: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.deny:
Too many open files