Re: Slapd in RedHat 6.2

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randy Kunkee" <kunkee@neosoft.com>
To: "Lg" <gang_l@vinside.com>
Cc: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2000 2:28 AM
Subject: Re: Slapd in RedHat 6.2

> There were some items about Linux threads in some recent postings,
> and some changes, I believe.  You should get the very latest OpenLDAP
> release and build it on your system.  It has a good chance of fixing
Thank you very much.
I have changed my slapd to OpenLdap 1.2.11.But it can not fix that problem.
If I use slapd with linux threads, slapd dies in several days.If  I use slapd without threads,
slapd often costs 99% CPU too.
Teemu Antti-Poika has post a article about sub-scope searches and performance.
he said,
"Queries using scope BASE or ONE work properly and efficiently
but if I want to restrict the search space using the SUB scope,
the search seems to go through the entire database in a linear
fashion. With a couple of million entries, this takes time."

I found this problem too.When I restrict the search space using SUB scope,slapd costs 99% CPU at once.

> this problem.  You might also try different thread libraries, if you
> have others available.  For example, a search of the OpenLDAP mailing
> list archives for "linux threads" reveals a followup message at
> http://www.openldap.org/cgi-bin/wilma_hiliter/openldap-software/200003/msg00022.html,
> and that contains good references to how to make OpenLDAP work with
> Linux using threads.  The patch to make GNU Pth work is not required
> if you get the latest OpenLDAP.
Yes.I try to use slapd with pth 1.3.6.But when I make test,it often failed.I will try again using OpenLdap 1.2.11.
./configure --with-ldbm-api=gdbm --with-threads=pth
Thanks.

Lg.