Re: ´ð¸´: Access-Config & Schema via LDAP

Hi,

I'm not sure whether you understood my question. I *don't* want to
modify slapd.conf, I would like to configure the server via LDAP.

Eg to get the schema for an object I would like to use sth like that

  ldap_search "(&(objectclass=objectclass)(classname=inetperson))"

and get back sth like that

  dn: classname=inetperson,o=MDlink.de
  classname: inetperson
  attributes: name1,name2,name3,email,street

or maybe a tree like that:

           schema
       /           \
  inetperson       printer         objectclass: objectclass
   /   |   \      /   |  \
name email uid  ip  name type      objectclass: objectclass-attribute

Similiar for ACLs which I would like to configure/retrieve using
standard LDAP clients.

I would like to know whether there is a backend (or some other thing)
which operates on slapd.conf like files to make the above happen.
Further I would like to know whether there are standards in LDAP which
describe how to accomplish that (eg the objectclass definition for an
objectclass definition ;-)

Thanks,
  Helge

--