Re: losing database on shutdown

Hi

I ran the slapd with -d 255 and tried to do an ldapsearch like:

ldapsearch -b 'dc=myorg,dc=com' 'cn=*'

And I received a strange error on the debug output.:

=> dn2id( "DC=MYORG,DC=COM" )
=> ldbm_cache_open( "/usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm/dn2id.dbb", 7, 600 )
<= ldbm_cache_open NULL "/usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm/dn2id.dbb" errno 17
reason "File exists")
<= dn2id could not open dn2id.dbb

What does this mean. Is it trying to overwrite it?

Another strange thing.:
On restarting the slapd, if I try to do a lookup nothing is returned.
So I tried to add the data again using:
ldapadd -f my_ldif_format.file -D "cn=Manager,dc=myorg,dc=com"  -v -c -W

And I get :
ldap_add: Operations error

But then if I try to do a lookup , it succeeds!!

I am puzzled and lost.

Thanks again

ameet