Re: Is SLAPD a PAM aware application ?

At 05:10 PM 6/20/00 +0200, Jacques Landru wrote:
>"Is SLAPD a PAM aware application ? "

No.

>In the mailing list archive I've found an old message posted in 1998,
>http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-general/199809/msg00035.html
>containing a  patch. I have some doubts about the possibity to use
>it for the present OpenLdap version.

I don't suggest attempting the use the patch directly.  Instead I
guess you lock reimplement as a RFC 2307 scheme by hacking
liblutil/passwd.c.  I would suggest you review the devel version
of this file as it already supports other external password stores
(but not PAM).  You should be able to apply similiar technics.

You are, of course, encouraged to submit patches implementing
new features.  See http://www.openldap.org/devel/contributing.html
for guidelines on contributing.  Be sure to coordinate development
activities on our developer mailing list.

Kurt