Re: How to determine attribute types in ldapmodify ?

Bvalues may be used anywhere, and does not rely on null-terminated strings
for an attribute value's length, whereas mod_values does.  The best way
to look at it is that using mod_bvalues can handle any kind of value,
binary or ASCII, whereas using mod_values is ASCII *only*.  Actually,
ASCII is not technically correct but will suffice for this discussion.