Corporate address book

Folks.

I would like to setup an address book for my corporation
for Netscape mail and outlook clients but I am totally confused
by ldap. Is anyone aware of a website or howto that might walk
a newbie through creating something like this using openldap
from scratch? If I could just get a decent example working I
am sure I could expand it to include a web interface and
hopefully sendmail routing/system authentication down the road.
I am sure a doc like this would help a lot of folks out there.
I picked up a couple ldap books but I am still totally confused:(

Ldap looks really cool but IMHO it is not new user friendly.. unless
I am stupid which could be the case to:)

Thanks.. Mike