Re: Name/Location of .db file

hi jonathan-
you will probably find them under /usr/tmp...
also just for kicks here is how i go about saving what i had in the .dbb
and rebuilding it
with a newldif file....

cd /usr/local/etc/openldap # dir on my sys where openldap hides out :)
kill -TERM `cat /usr/local/var/slapd.pid` # this kills slapd
ldbmcat -n /usr/tmp/id2entry.dbb > rebuildldif #this stores the current
contents of the dbb
					       #in the file rebuildldif as a backup file

ldif2ldbm -j 6 -i newldif #this puts a new ldif file in the db or you
could make your
			  #changes to the rebuildldif and feed it that...

/usr/local/libexec/slapd -f slapd.conf #this of course restarts slapd

I got the above from a gent over at sendmail....it has worked for me
several times...as I
continue to learn openldap and ldap in general....

take care-
ray

--
Ray Schneider
Operations Engineer	http://www.scoreboardinc.com

Premature optimization is the root of all evil.
                            -D. Knuth