Open LDAP and PostgreSQL or Interbase

My coworkers and I trying to examine our options in regards to setting
up our own LDAP server. We have successfully built the standalone
server using Open LDAP v1.2.10 and are interested in building a server
that uses PostgreSQL or InterBase as the backend database manager.  The
problem that we've run into is that there appears to be no
documentation describing how to do this.  All the documentation that
we've found thus far deals only with the standalone server.

Can anyone give us pointers to documentation that describes how to
build a server that uses some other database manager as the backend?
Alternatively, does anyone know why we shouldn't be trying to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Andy Richter, System Administrator
School of Engineering
Vanderbilt University
Box 1679, Station B, Nashville, TN 37235
Email: Andy.Richter@Vanderbilt.Edu
Phone: 615-343-4518
FAX: 615-343-5459