Re: make test failed

Patrick,

> Poking around in LinuxPPC newsgroups turned up the fact that many
> haven't been able to get OpenLDAP to work from the source in LinuxPPC and
> YellowDogLinux.

Been there, had the problem and Niels Poppe provided this fix:

  This looks like what I've seen on linux/alpha.
  Try ./configure --with-ldbm-api=gdbm
  since the default ldbm backend is (was?) only thread-safe on intel.

OpenLDAP seems to work perfectly on my YellowDog Linux installation (kernel
2.2.14).  It works nicely with the LDapper client and Outlook Express.

Now maybe Kurt can provide some plain English explanations of directory
structure :-)

  Iain