Re: Querying Directory entries

Hi

I tried to use ldbmcat to get an ldif file, runned the
ldif file through some script, changing som information
and then tried to use ldif2ldbm, to put everything back.
It behaved very strange, some entries was added
succesfully but not all?

Do You have any experience of this. I solved my problem
by instead using ldapmodify. And that was probably a
more correct way, anyway:)

/Urban

Quoting Doug Nazar <nazard@dragoninc.on.ca>:

> On 25 May, Aoife_Kavanagh@rta.nsw.gov.au wrote:
> > I\'m  having problems with using ldapsearch if I do
multiple
> > ldif2ldbms with different files.  For exmaple, if I
populate my tree
> > using one ldif file and then do a number of
successful ldapsearchs
> > then that\'s fine.  If I then create another ldif
file and using
> > ldif2ldbm to put that in the tree, my previous
successful ldapsearches
> > now fail with Object Not Found.  So, I shut down my
slapd, removed the
> > contents of index directory, concatenated hte two
files and then did
> > a new ldif2ldbm and all my ldap searches worked fine
again.  I used
> > ldapadd to manually enter new information and that
was fine.  Ideas?
> > Is there a command
>
> ldif2ldbm does exactly what it says. It converts an
ldif file to an
> ldbm database. It\'s not an offline modification tool
and hence will
> replace any existing data.
>
> If you want to make modifications to an existing
database, use ldapadd
> or ldapmodify.
>
> > Also, is there a utility that allows you to list the
contents of your
> > tree (other than ldapsearch), and is there a utility
to remove/delete
> > an entry?  Sorry if these are obvious questions I
just can\'t find
> > them.
>
> Use ldbmcat to convert the database to an ldif file
(should be done
> offline to ensure consistancy).
>
> ldapdelete will allow you to delete entries.
>

> As a general rule, commands in bin/ are for online
access to the