Re: Querying Directory entries

Hi

I have also experienced that ldif2ldbm do not always
give the expected result. Maybe someone out there can
explain?????

An alternative that works for me is to use
ldamodify -a -c -f filename

This will add all entrys from an ldif file. -c means
that it will continue with next entry if one failes.

/Urban

Quoting Aoife_Kavanagh@rta.nsw.gov.au:

> Hi,
>
> I\'m running OpenLDAP (stable) 1.2.10.20000515 on
RedHat 6.2.

> I\'m  having problems with using ldapsearch if I do
multiple ldif2ldbms with
> different files.  For exmaple, if I populate my tree
using one ldif file
> and then do a number of successful ldapsearchs then
that\'s fine.  If I then
> create another ldif file and using ldif2ldbm to put
that in the tree, my
> previous successful ldapsearches now fail with Object
Not Found.  So, I
> shut down my slapd, removed the contents of index
directory, concatenated
> hte two files and then did a new ldif2ldbm and all my
ldap searches worked
> fine again.  I used ldapadd to manually enter new
information and that was
> fine.  Ideas?  Is there a command
>
> Also, is there a utility that allows you to list the
contents of your tree
> (other than ldapsearch), and is there a utility to
remove/delete an entry?
> Sorry if these are obvious questions I just can\'t find
them.