RE: PTH support in OpenLDAP 1.x

Title: RE: PTH support in OpenLDAP 1.x

I'll try these 2 options to see if it helps. Will update the FAQ
if I find anything useful.

On Solaris2.6, with pre-emptive threads, I've seen "multiple
writers" scenario occasionally core dump (1.2.10) or hang (1.2.9).
This is with the DirMark benchmark. Do you have multiple writers in your setup ?

By "administrative limits on searches" were you referring to
the sizelimit or timelimit parameters in slapd.conf. I (and
I'm sure others on the list too) would like to hear about
your performance enhancements.

Thanks very much -Vinod.

Here are the settings I used to build OpenLDAP w/ pth (CPPFLAGS
and LDFLAGS set to point to the pth library).

./configure --with-ldbm-api=db2 \
            --with-ldbm_type=btree \
            --with-threads=pth \
            --enable-rlookups=no