Easy way to add slaves???

What is the easiest way to add slave ldap servers???

In the Admin. Guide I read that you have to copy the database files to
the slave and configure master and slave and start it up.
But when I copy it over to the slave then I can't find anything in the
slave database.
It will only work when I make a ldif from the master and then import it
in the slave!!!
This is not my biggest problem.

What if I have add an second or more slaves, do I realy have to shut
down the master and set up the slaves or is there a way to just add a
slave and make it sync automaticly without transfering the data first to
the slave???

Koen Bosmans