Re: groups in LDAP - LDAP newbie

On Mit, 10 Mai 2000, keith@americashomeplace.com wrote:

> Also, can I create email groups in LDAP so if I want to send an email to a
> list of people i just type in the name of the list and the LDAP server
> returns the addresses of everyone in the list?

Of course, there are several ways to do it, I prefer the following:

add to each member of a list an attribute, say "list".

list: all@domain
uid: user

Then you have to query (taken from postfix) mail=%s and your want to get uid
back. In this case you get all uids back if the entry contains an attribute
list: all@domain.

According to this you can add multiple "list"-attibutes.

Stephan

--
Stephan Müller			Stephan.Mueller@suse.de