Re: NSS/PAM_LDAP Management

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Greg wrote:

> I have a couple of questions that I need to have a clear answer on
> before I commit to using this. I figured that this was the place to ask!  ;)

This mailing list is great for OpenLDAP software-specific questions, but for
more general nss_ldap/pam_ldap issues (assuming you're talking about PADL
Software's versions, as there are a few floating around) you're better off
asking on PADL's mailing lists (see the READMEs and associated docs in the
nss_ldap/pam_ldap source code kits).

> 3. Any performance issues to be concerned about with 5,000 entries?

Make sure nscd works and that your LDAP server can handle the load -
simple.  If both client and server are UNIX systems, then I think you've got
it easy;  we have over 20,000 users running through something like this with
Novell NetWare acting as the LDAP server and it just can't cope (the software
- throw Linux on the same hardware and it'd be fine).

Cheers..

dave