RE: Setting up groups under OpenLDAP

According to my understanding of the FAQ page
(http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/52.html), I can set up the entry
"cn=Administrators,ou=groups,o=cascade,c=au", and set its objectclass
attribute to groupofNames.  Then I set its member attribute to include the
value "uid=dan,ou=people,o=cascade,c=au".

The
access to *
   by group "cn=Administrators,ou=groups,o=cascade,c=au" write
   by dn=".+" read
   by * read

rule then should hopefully mean that if I bind to the server as any name
specified in the named group's member attribute, I should be given write
permission to any entry in the database.  Is this a correct assumption?

I've just noticed that I haven't set the objectclass for
cn=Administrators... to "top". Will this affect things?

Cheers,
D.

Dan Makovec
e-mail  dan@fatcanary.com.au <mailto:dan@fatcanary.com.au>
ICQ     1398090
Every day is a gift, that's why the present is so named