RE: LDAP & MS Outlook 2000

I talked to some "suits" yesterday who would like to coordinate their
contact informations. Most of them use Outlook 2000. MS does support LDAP
and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to use LDAP to (hopefully
automatically) export/sync information with Outlook. If we can do that it
would open a lot of doors for doing some niffty stuff in a more programmer
friendly world.

Just wondering,

Hello Max,
Yes Openlday does support Outlook 2000, although there are a few issues, in
that MS doesn't make the schema they use available and hence with trial and
error most of the fields of the Contacts have been worked out. The best two
links I found are below from the openldap faq.

Hope this Helps
Peter

http://www.OpenLDAP.org/faq/index.cgi?_highlightWords=outlook&file=293

http://www.OpenLDAP.org/faq/index.cgi?_highlightWords=outlook&file=294