LDBM caching global or per session as per ldap_enable_cache()

When configuring slapd with dbcachesize et al it can still perform
quite poorly (yes, I do have the appropriate indeces :-).
When I included ldap_enable_cache() in my application
I saw quite an improvement in performance.

However I got the impression that the cache settings in slapd.conf
are global, i.e. for all connections and sessions, not only a
single application. That would be far more effective too IMHO.

I don't have the time at the moment to dive into the openldap sources
so... whats the scoop on this exactly ?
/\lbert

| Albert Siersema aka loonatic | There are no deadlines any deadlier  |
|                              |  nor limits more limiting than those |
|          albert@friendly.net |  we set (for) ourselves         (la) |