RE: Netscape LDAP vs OpenLDAP

I looked into the two.. I liked netscape, but (and if you are looking into
million users this is important) is terribly expensive... I could not get
prices bellow $.5 per entry, which becomes pretty high for xM users...

That was the reason to drop it.

What did I like? V3, but openldap will have that. It's faster than openldap
(small test's on unloaded machine done some months ago... sorry, no more
details...), but I attributed to a better use of the db library. they both use
sleppycat db, but Netscape is using the db2 api and openldap is using db2 in
1.85 compability mode... There is a back-db2 somewhere, at least plans to do
one.

See ya