Re: Sendmail 8.10.0 vs. LDAP

(Combining this with a response to the original author of the c.m.s
post):

Don Badrak wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Les Barstow wrote:
> > Any recommendations on how to fix the Sendmail side?  The
> > comp.mail.sendmail group hasn't come back with a response...
>
> Looks like it did to
> me.  http://x36.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=601299155&search=thread&CONTEXT=954283940.578289689&HIT_CONTEXT=954283940.578289689&HIT_NUM=5&hitnum=1
>
> Someone replied to a message of yours with this (evaldas.auryla@pheur.org)
>
> |  > If I remove the -z, I get the first rfc822Mailbox (as expected),
> |  > so I know I'm getting connected and getting responses to/from the
> |  > LDAP server.  I just can't seem to tack multi-valued responses
> |
> |  For multiple return values I guess you should add ldap map to your
> |  AliasFile option, something like this in your .mc file:
> |
> |  define(`SMTP_MAILER_FLAGS',`A')
> |  define(`confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC',`-h ldapserver.mydomain -b
> |  dc=mydomain,o=myorg')
> |  define(`ALIAS_FILE',`/etc/mail/aliases,ldap: -v mailRoutingAddress -k
> |  (&(objectClass=groupOfNames)(mail=%0))')

That didn't work, and shouldn't work (according to the documentation).
I did try it (editting the .cf rather than using the .mc file) to make
sure
there wasn't something weird with Sendmail, but I get the same response
(which I should: defining the map on its own vs. using it directly in
the
AliasFile option is just a semantics thing - the map definition is
exactly
the same...).  The suggestion from Evaldas should only return the first
value
in a multi-valued list, according to the spec (and that is backed up by
my
observations).

For a little more information:  I am running sendmail on a RedHat 6.1
box,
with the LDAP server running on a Solaris box (I've also used my Linux
box
as a backup LDAP server to make sure it's not the Solaris box being
screwy).

I've tried removing quotes, adding quotes, removing space, adding spaces
(from each of the parameters individually) - nothing's worked.

What really irks me is that this worked (with ldapx) under Sendmail
beta10.
But now you get an 'ldapx depreciated' error if you use an ldapx map.

--
Les Barstow           | e-mail: lbarstow@vr1.com
System Administrator  |